Wednesday, 2 February 2011

comfort eating...


The kitchen shelves are groaning under the weight of my cookbooks, this week the meal planning in advance is going well, roast chicken on Sunday, followed by leftover chicken risotto Monday and chicken soup in a flask for daddy to take to work on Tuesday. Sausage stew yesterday and faggots this evening! Tomorrow macaroni cheese (the boys current favourite!) and on Friday butternut squash soup with fresh bread rolls. A week of comfort food, but planning in advance is certainly paying off for when they come home very hungry and I'm not prepared! Not sure about Saturday, may scour the farmer's market for some seasonal fayre and new ideas.

have you seen this lovely free desktop calendar?

and I just love this skirt, too expensive but just gorgeous, especially teemed with the floral top.

4 comments:

  1. I have just been doing some menu planning for next week too! It makes the meals and money situation so much better!

    This week we have had a beef stew, a lentil and sausage creation (suprisingly good) and carrot, apple and pumkin seed muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't menu plan this week & I'm suffering for it but luckily hubby has been home & has helped me out tremendously- beef curry tonight!

    I love the crate kitchen shelves! Genius. I also noticed you have the book Breakfast-Lunch-Tea - what do you think? It's on my book list. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. emma, hi. how is the monty and sarah don cookbook? i've been interested in hearing more about it. thanks! xo shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to ask your crate shelves out for dinner. I have a huge crush on them.

    Your week's menu sounds delicious and cosy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...