Sunday, 2 January 2011

sunday roast...


Today, a sunday lie-in (thank you lovely husband!) and a fresh new look for this blog, what do you think? It was getting a little busy and I quite fancied a little more simplicity.

Roast beef is now in the oven (smells delicious - I wish you could scratch and sniff this blog!), a lovely joint of silverside bought from our local beef farm within a mile from our front door (how's that for provenance!), I am now trying Monty & Sarah Don's recipe for Yorkshire pudding, from their lovely Home cookbook, a Christmas pressie! You cook it in the roasting tin after the meat has cooked, I am hoping it will look as impressive as the one pictured in their book!

7 comments:

  1. Like the new simple look...and oh for some yorkshire pud!

    Don't like this style embedded comment box though - doesn't work for me, I have to change browsers to make a comment. Anyone else have this trouble?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that book. You are so right, the yorkshire looks wonderful. How did yours turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!
    yay for spring cleans :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo yum! I wanted that book for Christmas too, but sadly didn't get it. Will have to just treat myself! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new blog although I liked the brown background you had before too. No problem leaving a comment either. The header goes into the right hand border a bit - not sure if that's just from my computer or not but you may want to know. Keep up the lovely blog - you're one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That giant Yorkshire looks divine - I might have to go and get that cookbook. Mind you we got 3 copies of Jamie's new book this year for Christmas - no wonder it's a bestseller!

    I like the new look blog - I think its easier to read.

    Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog so I've been having a good read! You can't beat a roast with Yorkshire pudding, it's got to be my favourite all time meal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...