Saturday, 23 October 2010

a nip in the air...


late afternoon sunshine on one of the last warm days of the year, before the north easterly winds bring cold winds and wintery weather! It seems that everyone has the same idea as us, and goes outside to soak up the sunshine, just in case it's the last time they see it!

I love this time of year, the smell of woodsmoke, the nip in the air, pulling on thick winter tights, blowing on cold fingers as you haven't got into the glove wearing routine yet, runny noses and doses of echinacea, wearing thick chunky cardigans, cooking stew and dumplings!

Always at this time of year, as the nights draw in, I grow tired, and need to cuddle up on the sofa under a blanket with a hot cup of tea. I'm sorry if I am quiet, maybe as its harvest, and a time to reflect, I too feel the need for some solitude, to think about the year and be thankful for another year of growth!

I'll be back soon...

1 comment:

  1. Aw it sounds so so lovely! Winter in California, apparently is just grey, I would love a super cold sunny day!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...