Saturday, 9 October 2010

holiday cottage owners take note...


I simply love the interiors of this Welsh holiday cottage, Blaen-y-Buarth, in Snowdonia. The use of Welsh slate in the sinks and walk in shower is just amazing! Holiday cottage owners take note, don't skimp on furnishings, holiday makers appreciate the use of locally sourced products such as Welsh woollen blankets and good quality fixtures, fittings and furniture. All too often a holiday home is in a stunning location, of gorgeous architecture and then decked out in all owners cast offs, horrible sofa's or even worse Ikea everywhere! (I have nothing against Ikea, I just don't wish to holiday in the pages of its catalogue!)

Simple, authentic, good quality interiors win every time! Even better - you can stay here too.

4 comments:

  1. Emma, I totally agree with you! I spend far too long searching for a cottage which is gorgeous and will make me feel special when staying there. I know if it has a horrible old smelling sofa, I am going to be upset all holiday. I love Under the Thatch cottages, they are the business! Stylish, cosy and in beautiful locations. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! We are working our way through the UTT houses and they certainly dont disappoint. I love the look of this one but unfortunately its not dog friendly!We are off to White Hart Barn in a couple of weeks, and that was booked purely because the photos of the interior are so beautiful! We tend to choose our holiday home by the look of the place first, and the location second! After all, we all like a little luxury and indulgence on holiday dont we!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Emma -delighted you liked Blaen y Buarth. It took us 2 and a half yrs to renovate and our first guests are there this week. We've catalogued where we've sourced all the best bits for the interior in the welcome pack in the cottage. Diolch yn fawr! Ceril & Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stayed here last weekend and LOVED it. Bed sheets and towels from the White Company, locally sourced artwork and soft furnishings. It really made a difference. Absolutely beautiful. Memory foam mattresses too! Best night's sleep in a long time :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...