Saturday, 4 September 2010

a little something nice...


mmmm homemade mushroom pâté, spread on a delicious crusty baguette from the farmer's market. I made plenty to last the week, with enough to add to pasta to make into a sauce, with a little cream.

ingredients
250g mushrooms
30g butter
3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
250g cream cheese
salt and pepper to season

method
  1. Clean and trim the mushrooms, then chop them finely.
  2. Heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat.
  3. Drop in the mushrooms and garlic and saute for 10 minutes and leave to cool.
  4. Blend the mushrooms and cream cheese in a food processor until smooth.
  5. Season to taste then leave to cool.
  6. Serve in generous dollops on crostini or toast.

5 comments:

  1. ooooh, this sounds great! I've only started eating mushrooms in the last year (our organic veg bag swayed me) and this sounds like a great way to use them. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I love mushroom anything. I am so stealing this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sounds delish, I think I might give that a go tomorrow.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have filed that away to try as soon as i have some time to spare. looks delicious Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this sounds amazing! I have had a couple (four) glasses of wine and have been nosing around the fridge for delicious savoury snacks to no avail. This sounds much better than the slice of salami I just ate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...