Thursday, 2 September 2010

baking banana cake...


my new favourite recipe is in fact my mum's banana cake recipe, which I have never tried to bake myself before as she makes it so well! But with a mini heatwave this week, I have needed to eat up some banana's that were on the turn. It is really easy to make and great for little hands to help with too.

cooking time: 1 hour
temperature: 300˚F / 150˚C / gas mark 2

Ingredients
3ozs sugar
3ozs butter
1 free range egg
2 tablespoons of milk
4ozs flour
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
2 large bananas - mashed in lemon juice

Method
1. Cream together sugar and butter
2. Add in the egg, beaten in the milk
3. Fold in the flour sieved with the bicarbonate of soda
4. Fold in the mashed banana
5. Put mixture in lined greased tin
6. Put in oven for an hour or until cooked

enjoy warm out of the oven, with a scoop of ice cream!

4 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I wish I had an oven in my apartment so I could bake some lovely banana bread! :)

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I chanced upon your blog! I adore it! (have also made you a Flickr contact). Your pics and words are all so inspiring.

    Boo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like banana cake too, but I make it with a little diferent,

    I make a dough normally, but when I put it in a cake form, first I put caramel make with sugar, and cover with slice of banana after it put the dough. bake it, and unmold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks I will make that one on the weekend

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...