Friday, 6 August 2010

blue sky thinking...


I am always inspired by watching the clouds in the sky, which direction they are blowing, whether they are white or grey, the patterns they make and the shapes you can spot in them! The Cloud Spotters Guide is one of my favourite books.

I have recently been commissioned to produce this blue sky print as large as it will go, which is quite challenging as it was originally taken on 35mm film. It is to be mounted on mdf mount board, which having only discovered recently, I am loving as it really is a lovely way to display photo's. Hopefully it will hold the image at 150cm x 100cm, although the grain is more pronounced, which personally I love as it just adds to the charm of film print. I have butterflies in my stomach as I wait for it to arrive!

In the meantime, I am really inspired by the positive response to the blue sky print, that featured in my exhibition, to produce more. The vignetting on the film camera's make the skies so beautiful. I am building up to a collection that maybe in the future I can mount on MDF and exhibit somewhere. In the meantime, I have set up the obligatory flickr group called "blue sky thinking" so that you too can share the sky shots that inspire you!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Cloudspotters Guide. As a coast-loving lass I also love his Wavewatcher's Companion book too. They are both beautifully published.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, I saw this book a couple of days ago while I was in Wales but didn't get a chance to pick it up and have a look inside because my children were running wild...
    Beautiful print!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...