Monday, 19 July 2010

picture picnic...


A few weeks ago I ran a 'picture picnic' workshop at the lovely Prema Arts Centre, in Uley Gloucestershire. It was aimed at families who wanted to take better pictures of their children with whatever camera they had, sharing my tips on how to take natural family photos by creating a relaxed atmosphere. I have never done anything like this before and still get terribly nervous about standing up in front of people, but I knew it was something I needed to tackle head on, as this is my year of being brave and challenging myself to step out of my comfort zone. I am so glad I did as I met some really lovely families and had a great time.

My exhibition also officially ended on Saturday and in total I sold five framed prints and know lots of people took the time to go and see it ~ thank you! I have received some really great comments and encouragement. Prema Arts Centre, really encourages and nurtures new talent, and I have really listened to and thought about advice given to me from both people at my opening night and from the staff at Prema. Whilst the experience was so new, it has confirmed to me that my film images are the ones that I am so passionate about and light my fire and I have so many ideas for future 'pop~up' exhibitions, I just need to find many more venues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...