Thursday, 29 July 2010

the perfect picnic...


we are having a picnic tomorrow and I am trying to think of some nice food ideas for our tea. I am very inspired by Nikole's 'Saturday Sandwich' series over at her fab blog Forty-Sixth at Grace, and just love the mini Yorkshires! And I have wanted to make the pan bagnat pictured above, for a little while, it just looks so impressive, although it has far too many green things in for a 4 and 7 year old to eat! One things for sure, potato salad will be on the menu, we have just harvested loads from our potato patch! What makes your picnic perfect?

2 comments:

  1. Try this recipe: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/bread-recipes/rolled-bread-of-parma-ham-nice-cheese-eg

    One of our absolute favourite picnic treats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma,

    This is my favourite picnic bread - and no greenery!

    Chorizo Picnic Bread

    If you do ever make it I'd love to see a photo of how it turns out, my photo skills are lacking and the last ones I took didn't even make it to my blog :(

    This method also works well with a sweet filling such as apple and blackcurrant.

    Have a great picnic.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...