Tuesday, 27 April 2010

making an exhibition of oneself...


I have been a little shy about announcing my first photography exhibition! It runs from 9th June - 17th July at Prema Arts Centre in Gloucestershire. I am feeling in equal measure excited, nervous and very unworthy! I am busy shooting some new material for the exhibition, but I will also feature a lot of my favourites, like the one above!

I haven't even begun to think about frames yet either! I have been looking for some old wooden ones at the car boot sale, which will compliment the film photographs, but all there seems to be are modern plasticky ones! I'm really not going to have any fingernails left to bite after this!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Emma - that is fantastic news and well deserved! I love your photos they are very poetic and nostalgic. I learn a lot from looking at your photos. For those of us too far away to go to the gallery what about a photo book in your shop? Good luck with the exhibition!
    Ruth (*RMH* on flikr but no blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - congratulations!! - I came across your blog recently - it was the photos that caught my attention - so wasn't surprised to see this post!!

    Enjoy every minute - you obviously deserve it!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried Ikea? I know it sounds tacky but I know at least one other local photographer who has used their beech (I think) frames.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your exhibition! How exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wOoP WoOp!
    how exciting:
    and deserved:
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!!! Wow! That's huge! How truly exciting. You are so very worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so excited for you emma! can't wait to hear all about it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is so seriously cool that you are being brave and doing this. do i get an invite to opening night? just tell me when it is and i'll be there if humanly possible!

    so very proud of you Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. emma! what wonderful news. congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...