Sunday, 4 April 2010

easter eggs, to dye for...



thank you for your recommendations, we used red cabbage to dye our eggs blue as we did last year, but we also tried the onion skins as suggested by some of you a few week's ago. The red onion skins turned the eggs a lovely chestnut colour, and we tried to make prints on them using fern leaves. I love this little tradition of ours, which starts by a trip to the farmers market to find the best eggs, will they be large brown ones or will they be white duck eggs? we usually buy from different stalls and compare the results. Although today hasn't just been full of dyed eggs, we have had plenty of chocolate ones too!

5 comments:

  1. My mother made beautiful dyed eggs and painted ones too. I don't know whatver happened to them. They were boiled eggs and I remember her telling me something about them going bad. Not sure. I do remember thinking they were beautiful and my mother was so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. I especially like how delicate the fern print turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful, we have to try it next year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fern print! what a good idea, and what a lovely tradition you've started with your boys with picking the eggs from the farmers market!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...