Thursday, 4 February 2010

simple pleasures ~ the last roast potato


As a child I remember my mum serving up a plate of roast potatoes with every Sunday lunch, she would always do extra as we would always ask for more. I don't know what it is about a spud roasted in oil, crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, that can cause such family arguments about who has the last one! It would always be small and crispy, and whoever was awarded this coveted prize, would use it to mop up the last smears of gravy from their plate! I love a roast on Sunday and mine always comes with roast potatoes too, although I never get the last one!

What is your simple pleasure?

1 comment:

  1. My simple pleasure is also roast potatoes. Actually, any potato but particularly roasted ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...