Tuesday, 2 February 2010

a little direction needed...


Recently I have been wondering why on earth, with all the good things I have around me, such as husband, children, friends, home, job I am not blissfully happy all the time. It's a horrible feeling and one I have kept bottled up for a long time for fear that people think me ungrateful, but after admitting it out loud here to some straight talking girl friends, it is almost like a weight has lifted from my shoulders.

I try to be the best mother, the best wife, the best employee, the best photographer, the best friend and the best daughter, but all too often it is all too much and I just can't keep everything going at the same time and if I do, it's usually me that crashes and burns! This year I have to learn that I can't do everything, nor am I expected to. It is perfectly OK to want more in life and that I am entitled to pursue my own dreams. And the most important thing, I have got to stop worrying about what other people think! Does this sound familiar?

To help me start this process, tonight I am filling in the 'unravelling the year ahead' worksheet, to give me some direction in 2010, it's free to download, why don't you give it a go too?

10 comments:

  1. I have printed that off to do with my husband, such a good idea.

    I feel the same way, trying to keep everyone, everything and myself afloat, is overloading sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah the biggest and best feeling is to be had when one genuinely does not give a fig for what anyone thinks.

    to me, it feels like flying.

    and really, you only need to be the best you. and there is no competition for that :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you rock my world lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. go emma!
    girl, you are unravelling right before our eyes. and it just gets even more stunning with each layer.

    xx lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure what is worse for me, the discontent itself or the guilt I feel for feeling it. Thanks for sharing this. It's a relief to hear someone else say what I so often feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou Emma. I have some child free time today, and i am going to invest some time in myself and fill out the worksheet.Your blog really moves me ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. that worksheet is fabulous! I am going to print it out and fill it in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep using the word privilege and I'm going to use it again. It is a privilege to see you unravelling and rebuilding. And what Sas says...best advice ever (as we have come to expect from our personal Life Coach).

    ReplyDelete
  9. susaninfrance/texas8 February 2010 at 06:05

    you've said what I've been thinking for the longest time...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...