Friday, 29 January 2010

what will you find this weekend?


I love these nature journals by blue yonder's boys, I think it's the child's handwriting! It makes me want to go out on a nature trail this weekend, to see what we can find. Many people don't go out in winter as it's cold or they think there isn't much to see, but it's one of the best times to spot nature. With the leaves off the trees, it makes mammal and bird spotting a lot easier! And with plenty of rain you could even look for tracks in the mud, otters by rivers, deer in woodland and dogs in your local park!

Try it and let me know what you find this weekend?
Emma x

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit I have been hibernating during the winter months but you're right about the bird watching. I've been bird watching in the park on my walk to work each day and keeping it in a nature notebook. Yesterday I saw a heron.

    Oh, and I wanted to tell you. I was so inspired by your post and photos of camping that I asked my family for camping equipment for Christmas. I now have a tent, sleeping bag, head torch and pans! I'm ready to go! All I need is some warmer weather........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall take you up on that mission! It's balmy here in Phoenix, Arizona...no excuses to not at least try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...