Monday, 23 November 2009

so I hid them under the bed...

I have been under the weather for a few days now and spent most of the weekend in bed, feeling sorry for myself, and often not sleeping due to my mind racing {don't you just hate that?}. Today I feel even more rubbish, especially as I missed a day in London yesterday, catching up with the BBC (aka: Susannah, Jo, Penny, Leonie and Sas ~ Megg couldn't make it either!). I must have been feeling rubbish for a little while now as my online shopping has increased again, something I usually only indulge in when feeling, down, stressed or insecure. Clothes shopping is my armour, I am a bit like Worzel Gummidge (a scarecrow with a head for every occasion or to give him a certain skill), when I feel vulnerable, I like to think I look OK, or that I dress to achieve a certain image, businesswomen, yummy mummy etc...

So this week I have bought a knitted hat, two Paris books and a pair of cowboy (ish) boots, which I promptly thanked the delivery driver for and hid them under my bed! I didn't want to have to explain to the husband why I needed yet another pair of brown boots or spent money we haven't got! I caught my reflection in the mirror and wondered what on earth a 35 year old was doing? I am still wondering and yes, they are still under the bed!

p.s. picture of boots to follow!

9 comments:

  1. ooh you wicked girl! ha! I just hope you're feeling 100% again soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were missed yesterday :)
    we so need a pic of you in the boots. and the hat.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of brown boots, hope you're feeling up soon (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been feeling exactly the same, is it the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see you and the boots soon! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah Emma, i really missed you. i love hanging out with you...

    feel better soon
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emma,

    Just stumbled upon your space and fell quite in love. The terrariums are one part adorable two parts cool. will be by to visit often I am sure. xo Meagan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Emma! I'm the same, only I buy books hoping that one of them will make me feel better!

    Next time you feel the urge to splurge, call me and we'll i-shop together :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...