Thursday, 5 November 2009

is this my fifteen minutes of fame?


Well here I am, on page number 309 in the December edition of Red Magazine (UK). It is a really great edition, packed full of good features, interiors and food. The article is good too even if there is the caption "I eat three mince pies, one after another" over my head, resulting in my husband chanting "who ate all the pies!" The advice from Jane Clarke, nutritionist and Samuele Serreli, personal trainer, is realistic too, which is great. I was afraid I had said something awful, that would just haunt me, but it is a lovely well written piece by Andrea Childs with good advice, great styling from Lucy (she even lent me her necklace in the pic!) and hair and make-up by Lindsay Poole, not to mention the great (and very flattering) photography by Sarah Dunn, who was just so lovely. I would recommend if anyone else has the opportunity to do anything similar ~ be brave and go for it (I wish I could do it all over again!).

I wonder if this is my fifteen minutes of fame? What do you think? Have I scrubbed up OK? Do I look like me? I could scream with excitement and hide behind a pillow full of silly embarrassment at the same time! I wonder if anyone I know reads the magazine (or this blog for that matter?) and will recognise me? I wish I had taken Julie and Laura's email addresses (the other girls in the feature) too, so I could email them and find out what they think! OK I am thinking about this way too much ~ I'll stop now - I promise!

15 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read the article-you look fabulous, what an exciting experience. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love british Red magazine. I will definitely pick it up when it's available here in Bergen, Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work it!! You look fabulous but then you always do. Congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look absolutely gorgeous!!! yay, i love this! i'll go out tomorrow and get a copy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got mine today, you look lush, not read it properly yet but will tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous, Emma, and I love your candid interview. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look GORGEOUS! love the smoky eyes and the funky clothes :)
    beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow emma - you stunner!
    i'm going to buy my copy tomorrow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey it's Julie here - the other girl from the photo shoot!! How funny!! I got my copy yesterday and it just hilarious, they have put as my headline "I eat like it's Christmas every day!". Oh gawd.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies for your kind words x and Hi Julie, I'm so glad you've found me, the headings did make me laugh! The pictures are lovely though and we did laugh a lot, especially trying to stay upright in those heals! Do keep in touch ~ Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look fab and I'll be hot footing it down to the shops tomorrow to get myself a copy. Enjoy your moment of fame!
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. congratulations, emma! enjoy this time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great article, how exciting to be whisked to another life for a day. December Red also features Snapdragon another super blogger so I feel like I'm hobnobing with the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You go girl!:) The pic is fab, you deserve it. Congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay Em, that's awesome! I'm slowly catching up on some reading and was wondering if it was out yet! I'm off to buy a copy now

    see you on Sunday - hurrah!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...