Sunday, 18 October 2009

a sunday soak...

photograph from brown paper & string

I always look forward to Sunday mornings, they are when I get a lie in, that is if Gina doesn't text me to go to the car boot sale. My husband usually takes the boys to mini rugby leaving me alone to have a long soak in the bath with peace and quiet. This is my time, my thinking and dreaming time. This is when I relax and my worries fade away as I soak in Weleda lavender bath soak or Neals Yard Remedies seaweed and arnica foaming bath. I start thinking that this motherhood lark isn't that hard and how lovely it would be to have a third child! But then I notice the dust behind the sink, cobwebs on the ceiling and I know that any minute my peace will be interrupted by two boys clattering up the stairs and invading the bathroom and piling all their bath toys on top of me! Oh well, I will dream of owning a roll top bath, like the one pictured instead!

7 comments:

  1. what a lovely picture. i too wish I had a tub like that. I hope your morning was peaceful. It's wonderful to have some quite moments amongst the daily fun and craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read '5 minutes peace' by Jill Murphy! It may ring a few bells! Hope you got at least a few moments to relax this morning. What a fabulous bath. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts exactly. I have two small boys, and the thoughts of a another baby always seem to creep in when nobody is hanging onto my leg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i'll have a bath tonight. thanks for the reminder sweet emma.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very nearly bought some of the Weleda lavender bath soak as it looked gorgeous but baulked at the price. Please tell me it's divine so that I have no choice but to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thursday, its very good - my local chemist does three for two! which makes it a little more reasonable! I use a touch on it on flannels to wash the children's faces after dinner too in the hope the calming lavender calms them down etc...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dream of owning one of those baths too.
    Baths for women are like golf for men.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...