Saturday, 12 September 2009

wrapping things up...

I watch this blanket blow in the breeze on the washing line, the shadows from the leaves behind, dancing across it. We have almost finished packing my mother in law's life away, neatly into boxes and I think I will keep this blanket out and wrap it around my family, especially on those colder winter nights ahead. I realise we are fine and for each knock we take it binds us closer together as a family, understanding how each other feels and making each other laugh. It is surprising quite how much humour and laughter is found at times of sadness isn't it? I received a lovely book in the post yesterday, from a lovely friend, who I haven't seen for a very long time and with whom I share a very painful memory of loosing someone we both held dear, who passed away far too early in life. The book is really helpful as a prompt to read to the boys and to discuss any feelings and memories that they may have and wish to talk about. Thank you Em, your kindness has touched us all x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...