Wednesday, 2 September 2009

waiting...

tonight my mother-in-law has been admitted into hospital for an emergency heart operation. It is very serious and my husband has rushed to be with her on this windy, rainy, horrible night. I sit and wait, busying myself with small jobs, but feeling fairly useless. Tonight, nothing else matters, I watch my children sleep and I am filled with sadness, helplessness to stop this world from turning, and knowing my husband is at her bedside, her little boy. I light a candle, the candle that was lit for my aunt at my son's baptism a few years ago, when she died just days before, and I blog, because it's something I can do, and I wait...

7 comments:

  1. waiting with you.
    and sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you and your family, emma. Sometimes I think it is harder to deal with these moments once we are mamas. The cracking open of our heart when our child is born leaves us so vulnerable to the fragility of life. Best wishes for her health and your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your moment feels like the heart swelled moment for me, today, when I learned that my great friend, who's also my kid's 'island grandpa' has aggressive tumors filling his body for a second time. Lighting a candle and writing about this moment is just about the exact thing I needed to hear:) My thoughts are for you and your family. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, sending prayers & good thoughts for your mother-in-law ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Emma I hope she gets through it. Heart surgery is incredible these days. Thoughts and love with you and your family. Keep us posted. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...