Saturday, 13 June 2009

the minack theatre

I have always wanted to go to the Minack Theatre, perched high on the cliffs in Cornwall, but never had the opportunity until last week. The theatre is carved out of the granite rocks and sits above the sea. It is absolutely amazing and the brainchild of a very eccentric lady who did most of the work herself by hand! Performances are all outside and are rarely cancelled, blankets are a must for the evening shows! I found myself daydreaming out to sea as the sun was setting, watching the seagulls overhead, the boats in the distance and the sky change from blue to red before the sun finally set. If you are ever in that part of the world, I would really recommend a visit. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm just captivated by this! I've never heard of it before, but now I know I have to go to Cornwall and see a play there.

    Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to go, but whenever we have been down there the kids have been too small to sit through it. Perhaps we will get to go next time we go down

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks magical! i must go there someday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've always wanted to go and oddly have been thinking about it lately. maybe soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing -was this taken with a lomo?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...