Thursday, 14 May 2009

wild garlic...

Wild garlic soup - a restorative soup for people who need a little pick me up! I tried this soup recipe and love it, make sure you pick the wild garlic (ramsons) before flowering, else they can have an acid taste. 

serves 4-6

Ingredients

2 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 (about 270g) potato, peeled and chopped
1 (about 240g) onion, roughly chopped
180g wild garlic, roughly chopped
500ml vegetable stock
Creme fraiche to serve

Method

Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add potato, onion and seasoning. Saute for 5 minutes, add wild garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened. Add stock to cover and cook for 40 minutes. Cool slightly, then blend in a food processor. Transfer to pan, warm gently, then serve with creme fraiche. 

recipe taken from Jamie Oliver's magazine

1 comment:

  1. It sounds lovely, but although I can see your picture of I'm not sure where I might find it around here and that I might pick the right thing. I would love to be able to forage for free food, but apart from Elderflowers/berries, nettles, sweet chestnuts and blackberries I am quite hopeless, suppose I ought to get a book or better still go on a course.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...