Sunday, 10 May 2009

so grown up...

Sometimes I am so busy with life; working, cleaning, shopping, school, the list goes on and on... that I don't often take a step back and notice what is right in front of my nose. This picture is of my youngest son and time is flying by far too quickly. Last month he turned three and started play group. Like his older brother he takes it all in his stride and tells me that he is a big boy now. The trouble is, it's me that's not ready! Not ready for the growth spurts, the waving goodbye in the playground, no more daytime naps, teddies and baby books. Secretly when he wakes in the middle of the night and we bring him into our bed, he cuddles up close and I savour every second, knowing that soon he will sleep the night in his own bed and not need me anymore. He puts his hand on my face, when he goes to sleep and when he is asleep, I can't imagine when he's not there anymore arms and legs spreadeagle in the middle as we cling onto the edge...! I guess I'll have to cuddle the husband instead!

6 comments:

  1. a moment beautifully captured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, if it makes you feel better, mine are 8 and 6 and still come in for a sneaky snuggle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah that's a lovely photo.

    I know what you mean though. My youngest will be three soon and I just feel sad. Happy and sad. It's so bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh TELL me about it. Grab those moments. E crawled over and lay on my chest this morning and said,"This is what I used to do when I was a baby" and it was. Only now her feet reach down to my knees. And yes, I miss her when she doesn't come crawling in at 3am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean. I was glad when my son wanted to sleep in his own bed (well, most nights anyway) because we were fast running out of co-sleeping room. I do love him coming in for cuddles when he needs or wants to now though. His comforter is a handful of my hair, he wraps his fist around it and goes straight to sleep. I have trained myself not to roll over as that yanking hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I secretly love it when our 3 year old comes in for his nighttime cuddle! He holds on to the side of my face too, I absolutely love those moments with him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...