Thursday, 5 March 2009

waiting for the first tooth to fall out!

We have had our first wobbly tooth for a few weeks now, and despite vigorous wobbling from number 1 son it is staying firmly put! This has given me the opportunity to make a little tooth fairy pouch, for the tooth fairy to leave my son a shiny coin and a new toothbrush in. I wanted to do a male fairy as fairies are just so pink and girly nowadays and the one above is meant to look a little like my son. I thought he could leave it under his pillow each time a tooth fell out and I could use it to keep all of his previous milk teeth in!

I am not the greatist seamstress in the world and have handstiched this linen pouch, lined it with cotton and fnished it with a vintage button that used to adorn my grandma's clothes! I just hope he likes it!

10 comments:

  1. Emma, this is so, so sweet! I love the little boy fairy. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that is lovely. The boy reminded me of Peter Pan.
    I don't know if you're a good seamstress or not, but from where I'm sitting it looks pretty amazing and not something I would ever hope to make.....

    Will you really keep all of his teeth? The novelty soon wears off, the tooth fairy has even been known to be days, weeks, late in our house.....lazy thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. emma, this is beautiful. every last detail is just perfect. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma this is absolutely awesome, thoughtful and special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little pouch so thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you Kyrie, Deb, Nicole, Ella & Thimbleina, I hope he likes it! The tooth just isn't coming out at all, after my rush to make this! I have a friend who she said she put her son's tooth in the bin?!!??

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very lovely!he is a lucky boy..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet--I love the boy fairy...perfect! I hastily made a tooth pillow with pocket for my son (with pirate treasure fabric--not nearly as lovely and heirloom-like as yours!) when I realized his tooth was hanging on by a strand. When I handed it to him he pretended to put the tooth (still attached at the gum) in the pocket and pop! out it came!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful little pouch. Nice work! I just discovered your sweet blog and am enjoying it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I’m running a “Toothy Kid Photo Contest." Anyone with a photo of their toothless kid is welcome to enter! The prize: a copy of my children’s picture book!! Deadline: April 15.

    Details on my tooth fairy blog: http://tinyurl.com/ahrvev

    Sheri Bell-Rehwoldt
    Author, You Think It’s Easy Being the Tooth Fairy?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...