Wednesday, 25 March 2009

today, I worked from home


today, I worked from home, originally uploaded by Emma Bradshaw.

and it was good. The birds singing outside, the quiet and the smell of the daffodils on the table. I felt as if I got a lot more done than I would in the office. I sat at the table that at the weekend I tried to strip on a whim! Another candidate for my 'seemed like a good idea at the time award!' as I soon got fed up and gave up as the layers of golden varnish refused to come off. Although I quite like the 'shabbyness' of it now, I had orginally thought of painting it after years of admiring this table here, but now I may just leave it.

7 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful home! :) It looks like such a soothing environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rest assured, that's only because I don't photograph the muddle and piles of washing nina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful home - and table - you have, emma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to do that to my dining table too... just strip back the top, and let life tell its story - I love your table, just the way that it is now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a great post. it's amazing how much that one photo conveys. loving the simplicity of the story you tell-

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi emma
    i love your blog and i love your colourful stripy rug in this photo - we are looking for something similar - where did you get it can I ask?
    thanks
    rosie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful table and I love the rug too (we have the same one). It's from Ikea Rosie!! Gorgeous home x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...