Monday, 30 March 2009

baaaaa...

My first attempt at wet felting... a sheep egg cosy to give as an Easter gift! Wet felting is a lot easier than I first thought, to make this sheep, you wrap some carded wool around a smooth stone or pebble, making sure there is an even coverage. I then put this inside an old pair of tights! Then got it wet and rubbed in olive oil soap and rubbed and rubbed until the wool inside didn't feel so squishy anymore, probably around 15 minutes or so depending on how vigorous you are. I finished by pouring boiling water over the top and after taking it out of the tights, left it to dry. Once dry I snipped off the bottom and needle felted a face and some ears, to make a sheep, you could always cut out a circle in the middle and make an egg with a chick inside instead?

7 comments:

  1. ooooh so good. what a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great project to do with your children! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I have only done needle felting so far, so must try to put some time aside to try the wet felting, thanks for the instructions

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just adorable. I tried felting a few years ago by using a plastic egg as the base. I love the sheep.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...