Wednesday, 4 February 2009

the votes have been counted...

and the results of my January readers poll have revealed...

41% of readers are from the USA
27% are British
9% Australia
8% Canada
& 12% other

what does this tell me? Well there are more Brits than I imagined, as blogging hasn't taken off here like it has in the US. With the majority being from outside the UK it has made me think about language, will I change my 'voice'? NO! but I will smile as I write trousers instead of pants, jam instead of jelly and chocolate instead of candy. The great thing about blogs is that it's not the language, spelling or country you live in, it's the comfort of finding the things you have in common wherever you live in the world. The world of blogging for me has made the world a much smaller place and I have learned a lot about other countries and cultures. I have looked on maps to find out where people live and ultimately blogging has made me want to travel to far off places and to meet people and the places they talk about and photograph. So thank you all - you continue to inspire and teach me every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...