Saturday, 10 January 2009

the simple things in life...


...like the squirrel nutcraker that was in Pete's Christmas stocking, which has created hours of fun. I never knew breaking shells could be so satisfying. We have also found many a use for a walnut shell. Little candles, little boats in the bath and a great game when you have three shells and hide a pea under one and move them around before guessing which one it is under - what is the name of that game?

I need to exorcise my 'bread baking' demons as Molly over at One Good Loaf has reminded me, I had a run of turning out awful bread for various reasons last year and one of my resolutions for 2009 is to get over this hurdle of mine! One Good Loaf is a great weekly blog about baking bread and now has over 100 members - check it out, if like me you like nothing better than hot crusty bread straight out of the oven spread with delicious butter and jam - mmmmmmm.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, today is a perfect day to bake bread. I've got a good, easy recipe I'll share.

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Susanna - all help, tips and pointers gratefully received, emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the nutcracker and yes i agree with the bread - i'm going to get better at it in '09 too. Love your little guys shirt. where oh where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. jodi - I got it from here http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=68044 - it's gorgeous, emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a darling nutcracker! we got (a different) one in November, and have been thoroughly enjoying it ever since. it's quite addictive, even for adults!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...