Thursday, 29 January 2009

the bulbs start to appear...

... and spring is on the way. I feel as if I can breathe again as the cold of winter, making me crave carbohydrates is almost over. Good news, our allotment petition to our local council {made in July} has been a success, they have found some land owned by a local charitable trust and are working out the finer points like access, water supply and legalities... yipppeeee. By spring we should have our very own allotments and be able to grow our very own food! This is a triumph as the orginal allotment land was sold off and built upon with two luxury houses over ten years ago. Now we can start planning what we are going to grow. We have had lots of interest too from like minded families in the village, and I am really looking forward to communal digging sessions and harvesting together.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how cool! I can't wait to hear about your gardening adventures! And thanks for taking good care of our little chicken. She looks quite pleased with her new digs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky, I put in a request last year (middle of) to our local council for an allotment and was told the wait was a minimum (minimum!) of two years!

    I too am jumping for joy (inwardly) at the first signs of spring coming round the corner, winter floors me completely, cannot deal with it at all anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...