Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Autumn unpacked from a case...





So here are some of the finished photographs taken from Saturday's shoot! The idea behind them, is based around my grandma's vintage blanket and suitcase. The gorgeous suitcase is packed with Autumn/Fall which is spilling out of it onto the woodland floor. I don't quite think I have achieved the whole 'spilling out' concept but I love how the blanket totally stole the show and demanded the camera's attention. It really contrasts with the woodland floor well, don't you think?

The blanket is over 80 years old and was knitted by my grandma from all the oddments left from knitting many, many different things, hence the range of colours! I love it, I just wish she was here today to tell me what bits were used for what! It's a patchwork of history and I must start my own 'family' blanket made up of all of our oddments.

If you like the pictures I have a very limited amount of prints available from my etsy shop now http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5399614

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...