Saturday, 27 September 2008

birthday cake...

I love birthdays! this year's was made even more special with a surprise birthday cake from jenny, a spa treatment here and a birthday tea made especially for me by Alfie.

I am not one to be bothered by age and as I notch up another year, I notice that this year I do look older, I have laughter lines and look tired. The result of motherhood and lack of sleep and a year of worry at work. But I am sure for each line I have, it has been etched through tears and laughter (sometimes at the same time!) and like a tree adding a ring to its trunk, my face will reflect the joys and challenges that my journey holds before me.

1 comment:

  1. special times Emma. You're beautiful and so is this cake.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...