Sunday, 6 July 2008

a new life...

as we celebrate the birth of our friends gorgeous new baby - Charlie, our thoughts return to the births of our own children. How quickly they have grown and how big our own 'babies' look in comparison. It has taken us a while to 'get used' to being parents and learn the skills needed to be the effective guides that our children require. Although we often find that just as life seems a little steadier, something else comes along to challenge us again! Be it a new tooth or the demands of the work/life balance. Sometimes I find myself wishing that I could do it all over again and be a better mother to my eldest son, or longing for a third child as I would know just what to do this time having had two practices!

But just like my children, I am growing and learning too and I am learning to slow down, to listen and not get angry, to be patient and to understand. The most important thing I have learnt is to celebrate and make the most of each and every tiny moment as they go by so quickly.

So welcome to the world baby Charlie, we can't wait to share many adventures and memories with you x x x x

3 comments:

  1. I could so relate with yr post today. We also visited our friends new 7 day old bebe today and i have these feelings too- such a rush of emotions swaddled up in blankets...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...