Sunday, 27 April 2008

time for tea


tea and chat, originally uploaded by Emma Bradshaw.


I have always been a bit funny about justifying treating myself and can always think of a thousand things the children need or we can do as a family before enjoying a bit of self indulgence.

Today, admittedly it was Jenny's birthday treat, we had afternoon tea in a rather lovely hotel. Just three friends and no children, no interuptions and for me no guilt! Heaven... sometimes the soul needs a bit of 'time out' from everyday life. I have come back refreshed, relaxed and a much better person than the tired mummy that left this morning - well we did treat ourselves to a spa treatment after!

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had nice afternoon teas here. I love a good cup of tea, and I can't ever say no to a good treat. This one looks absolutely lovely.

    I know you can do it when it comes to switching the "green cleaning." I've been doing it long enough that it seems like second nature now. I bought some traditional cleaner a while back and couldn't stand the smell, and I don't think it got the tub as clean. But I certainly had to start slow. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...