Wednesday, 23 April 2008

chandelier


chandelier, originally uploaded by Emma Bradshaw.


at work today we hosted a launch of a rather big project - anyway as I was listening to the keynote speaker, I couldn't help but admire the chandelier above his head! I was quite tired after party organising at the weekend and then a very big work do to organise and stage manage, sometimes I wish work colleagues could see quite how fast my legs are paddling to appear like a graceful swan and quite how often my children are snapped at when I have to make 'just one more phone call' or send 'just one more email', oh the guilt!

The project is one of the most amibitious that we have ever undertaken and quite difficult to interpret and put a 'public face' on so I was delighted today when both The Times www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article3799214 and The Telegraph www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtml?xml=/earth/2008/04/23/easevern123 both ran with it - yipppeeee I get so excited when we get into the 'nationals'!

As I daydreamed up to the beautiful chandelier for a moment my worlds of motherhood and work became blurred and as I listened to the words, I realised that although I beat myself up about being a working mum, through work I am making a difference to the future for my children and that can't be too bad can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...